The indoor plant is a new trend spreading rapidly. The major problem these indoor plants face is the lack of sunlight for photosynthesis. In such a situation, LED grow lights help them get a sufficient amount of light energy required in photosynthesis. As more and more individuals are planting indoor plants, the LED grows, and the light industry is expanding rapidly. In such a competitive situation, it is important to explore the world of the LED grow light. From this, how will you select the best LED grow light 2021?
What is LED grow lights?
You may be wondering what is LED grow light? Are they similar to LED lights? Just calm down; by the end of this article, most of the confusion popping on your head will be sorted out.
LED lights are an artificial lighting system for plants that provides them sufficient energy for photosynthesis, producing extremely low heat and high yields. They are used to provide plants extra energy besides sunlight. Also, if you want to grow plants inside a cubical, you can use them to grow your plants’ healthy growth. There are many types of LED grow lights available. They are discussed in the next section.
Types of LED grow lights.
The light-emitting diodes grow lights are the best grow lights available. It has a lifespan more than any other grow light. It comes in several types. They are:
- LED grow light panels: Panels are the most common LED lights with heatsinks technology for absorbing heat. It is probably the best LED grow light 2021. It has switches for both flowering and vegetative stages, which can also be combined. It has an incredible lifespan.
- LED grow light bars: It comes up in a single row of diodes with multiple spectrums. It mostly works as a supplement light source rather than the main light source, such as HID.
- LED grow light bulbs: They are single LED bulbs and are mostly used to grow small leafy plants rather than flowering plants.
These LED grow lights come with a plug and play option. But the competition in the grow light market is high. Hence, it is important to learn these tips while deciding the grow light you need.
Tips for deciding the best-LED light
- Decide what to want to plant: Before determining the light you need, decide the plant you want to grow. Then according to the needs of your plant, categorize the lights.
- Calculate the surface area: The surface area on which you need to grow your plants will tell you the amount of PAR you need in your light source.
- Search for a durable LED: It is hard and expensive to change the grow lights frequently. Hence look for a more durable light.
- Learn about the PAR: The active photosynthesis radiations is the light which is beneficial for the plants. Ensure that the surface area and PAR are well balanced to provide even distribution throughout the plants.
- Search for the proper cooling system: Make sure the LED grow light you select has a heatsink system. The lights will produce a lot of heat without any cooling system. This heat can damage your plant.
After going through the entire article, you must now be aware of LED grow lights and its various aspects. If you love to have plants around you, but have not yet grown one because of insufficient sunlight available in your room, now you can have one with LED grow lights.